Saturday, February 6, 2010

Dear class,

I am posting some recommendations of my personal favorite readings for those who are interested.

"The Moviegoer" a novel by Walker Percy;
"Lancelot" another novel by Walker Percy;
"Couples" a novel by John Updike
"The Centaur" another novel by John Updike
"Pigeon Feathers" a collection of short stories by John Updike
"Who's Irish?" a collection of short stories by Gish Jen
"Typical American" a novel by Gish Jen
"Blink" a book on human psychology by Malcolm Gladwell
"The Sun Also Rises" my favorite novel by Ernest Hemingway
"Anna Karenina" By Leo Tolstoy
"The Alchemist" by Paulo Coehlo


~Please feel free to add your own suggestions of books, stories, articles, poems that you have enjoyed.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I personally recommend The Alchemist by paulo. In fact every book he wrote is a master piece, a master in storytelling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    when I read "The Physician" by Noah Gordon, I think something changed in my life. I highly recommend this book.
    Paulo Coehlo is one of favourites choices too.

    ReplyDelete